Remote Sensing Surveyor – 2 year FTC
Ordnance Survey (OS) is the national mapping agency for Great Britain, and a world-leading geospatial data and technology organisation. Serving government, business and citizens across Britain and the world, OS helps customers in virtually all sectors improve quality of life.
OS expertise and data supports efficient public services and infrastructure, new technologies in transport and communications, national security and emergency services. And most famously we ensure outdoor leisure is enjoyable, accessible and safe. By being at the forefront of geospatial capability for more than 225 years, we’ve built a reputation for being the world’s most trusted and inspiring geospatial partner.
OS is progressing a number of exciting projects so customers can access data in a highly sophisticated way. Through innovative use of latest technologies OS has the potential and opportunity to significantly improve the lives of millions of people across the globe. This is a unique opportunity to be a part of OS as we deliver the best for Britain, grow revenues more widely and build a world-leading digital economy of the future.
About the Role
We are looking for great people to join our Remote Sensing Services team, who are keen to help us collect, edit and maintain the most accurate and up-to-date geographical information of Great Britain. Initially you will be working in our imagery and height flowlines, for your 2-year fixed term appointment, but could be asked to work with other remote sensing teams as priorities change. There is potential for this appointment to be extended dependent upon business needs. Necessary training will be provided to help you develop in the role.
You will need to demonstrate your track record against the following essential criteria:
- Attention to detail; able to efficiently provide accurate information or data to a high standard
- Planning, scheduling and monitoring personal production to effectively contribute to individual and team targets
- Identifying, communicating and implementing improvements that increased personal or team performance
- Identifying issues and risks to delivery and either resolving these or escalating to the appropriate person
- Displaying positive behaviours when working with others and creating a professional and trusting relationship with a wide range of people
For this role, you will need to have:
Secondary level education (NQF level 3, A level, BTEC or equivalent)
Stereoscopic vision which will be measured by a stereo acuity test carried out on the day of the interview
For this role, it would be desirable if you had:
About the Rewards
We want you to love what you do. That’s why our benefits package rewards a job well done. We’ll give you:
- Salary – Circa £25,000. Our aim is to reward employees competitively based on their contributions to the overall success of the organisation
- Performance related bonus
- Competitive pension
- 37 hour working week
- 25 days annual leave - (30 days after five years) bank holidays and an extra 3 over Christmas
- Training & Development - We’re a restless bunch, always looking for new ways to innovate with location information, to give our customers what they need. Your skills could help take it further. It is important to us that you have opportunities to learn and develop your skills. We offer: In-house training, a variety of masterclasses, bespoke training, study leave, access to learning resources and Professional membership subscriptions
- Paid volunteer day
- Bike to Work scheme (with secure bike storage and excellent changing facilities)
- Free onsite parking
- Subsidised on-site staff restaurant
- On-site nursery
- Very generous staff benefits including over 500 discounts from national stores
- Wide variety of sports and social clubs
- Support for your health and wellbeing from eye care vouchers to health checks
- Flexible working hours
About our Values
We're passionate about the four core values that make up our organisation: we're adventurous, incisive, restless and true: -
Adventurous – We go about our work with enthusiasm and energy and we embrace change
Incisive – We identify the key issues and seek clarity to make effective decisions and find a way forward. We challenge overly complex processes to find simple and responsive solutions
Restless – We’re hungry to achieve and deliver to our objectives and we’re continually looking for better ways to add value through continuous improvement
True - We communicate openly/honestly and transparently, delivering on promises to our colleagues and customers. We are open to both giving and receiving feedback
We’re always happy to hear from you, so don’t forget to follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn or find us on Facebook.
Location: This role will be based at our Headquarters in Southampton.
To apply: Please upload your covering letter and CV demonstrating your suitability for the role.
Closing date: 08 June 2018